Vacancy No. : 10M-SVN/005/2017
Position Title : Programme Assistant- Capacity Building
Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Classification: General Service
Type of Appointment : SVN, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 19, 2017
Established in 1951, 10M is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Context and Scope of the Position
Under the overall supervision of the IOM-SLO Addis Ababa Chief of Mission and Head of Programmes and direct supervision of the Migration Management Programme Coordinator and working closely with the Senior Programme Assistant -Capacity Building, the incumbent will support the Migration Management Unit in designing and implementing capacity building initiatives aimed at: upholding the rights of migrants as per the 10M mandate, combatting irregular migration, including human trafficking and smuggling, and promoting the rights of potential migrants in vulnerable communities 01 origin and transit within Ethiopia. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Assistant, Capacity Building, in implementing, monitoring, reviewing and updating the Government of Ethiopia National Anti-TIP Plan of Action (PoA) and in meeting its objectives, through various capacity-building activities, to ensure effective management of migration in Ethiopia.
- Support the implementation of capacity building components within each of MMU’5. projects that focus on a range of migration management and related topics, includin,g advocacy initiatives, design of new migration management/migrant protection systems development of training materials and curricula, training sessions including trainings a trainers, development of SOPs for direct assistance, National Referral Mechanism etc.
- Develop work plans for relevant projects and contribute to the overall planning implementation, monitoring and reporting of project activities, including hi-weekh reporting on the progress of project implementation; compiling quarterly/annual dono reports, keeping track of best practices and lessons learned, organizing project event such as sensitisation workshops, trainings, meetings, among others.
- Support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of MMU’s capacity building activities, including the organization of policy dialogues and consultation meetings b ensure smooth dialogue among Government offices, CSOs, and private sector engage in counter-trafficking and smuggling activities.
- Coordinate with appropriate government bodies and build their capacity to pursue an improve human trafficking and smuggling prosecution initiatives.
- Conduct trainings for Cross-Border Migration Committee (CBMC) members an Emergency Migration Response Centre (EMRC) focal points on key migrant protectio issues, as well as identification, screening, assistance to and referral of Victims c Trafficking (VoTs), data collection and analysis, and linkages with other local service providers.
- Assist in conducting assessments on the potential establishment of new EMRCs nee exit points of the country and assess the capacity-building needs of existing EMRCs I optimize their service delivery.
- Support liaison activities with governmental and non-governmental offices, region authorities and other stakeholders as appropriate and aimed at promoting IOM’s project and initiatives.
- Undertake duty trips as necessary to facilitate project implementation.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferably in Economics, Business Management/Administration or related Social Science fields of study;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in migration management, counter-trafficking and smuggling, and related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional working experience in capacity building initiatives, both targeting the Government and at grassroots level;
- Experience in implementing similar projects in Amhara, Oromia or Tigray 3NNP National Regional States
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government and Civil Society/Community-based Organizations, Non-Governmental counterparts and international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and implementation, including resource/financial management,
- Familiarity with project development, as well as monitoring and evaluation concepts and procedures;
- Familiarity with adult education/training methodologies in areas such as gender, capacity building would be critical.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required, Knowledge of other 10M working languages is advantageous. In addition, the incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability — takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation — works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning — promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication — listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative — actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation — develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management—identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and ‘Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork — contributes to a collegial seam environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of 10M ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite For taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to apply:Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, CV written in English with photocopies of educational/training certificates via our e-mail address RECADDIS@iom.int by February 19, 2017 at the latest, referring the position title and number in the subject line of your email.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!Posting period: From 05.02.2017 to 19.02.2017
2 total views, 2 today