Dan Church Aid (DCA) is a legally registered international NGO (Charities and Societies Agency Certificate # 1083) engaged in development and humanitarian assistance to poor rural people in Ethiopia in partnership with Ethiopian NGOs and civil society organizations.
Dan Church Aid is implementing project funded by Europe aid together with other partners in Afar region. DCA invites competent professionals to apply for Field officeCashier positionat Afar field office.
Vacancy Number: DCA-ETHNA -012 /2017
Position: Project Cashier
Accountable to: Afar Field office Coordinator
Duty Station: Afar Zone Aysaita and Barhale
Required number: Two
Main Responsibilities:The Field OfficeCashier is responsible for disbursement and collection of cash/checkof financial transaction of the organization. S/he reports to Project Coordinator and functionally to Filed office Accountant.
Summary of key duties
- Handling all cash transactions of Afar field office,
- Checking daily cash accounts,
- Receive payment by cash, cheques, etc
- Maintain field office cash book and have up to date cash balances,
- Effect payroll tax for field office staffand withholding taxes to the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority as per the Ethiopian tax proclamation and legislation,
- Deposit field office staff pension and provident fund to the government and staff saving account respectively on a monthly basis,
- Ensure withholding tax receipt is raised whenever tax is withheld from purchase of goods and services,
- Update and reconcile staff provident fund on a quarterly basis,
- Ensure that all transactions adheres to DCA financial guidelines and control systems,
- Ensure bank account balances are properly registered, monitored, replenished and reported,
- Keep copy of payroll related documents in a safe place and manner,
- Ensure all financial documents, checks, voucher pads, payroll books, etc are properly handled,
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Key Qualifications! Skills:
- Diploma/ BA Degree in Accounting
- At least two/one year(s) of experience for diploma and BA holders respectively as a Cashier; preferably worked in INGO environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in helping the accounts department with different financial activities whenever needed
- High degree of professional responsibility and integrity.
- Able to communicate in English both written and spoken
- Able to use different types of software applications like Microsoft Office and Spreadsheets
Terms of Employment: One year (Extension probability depending on the funding availability)Salary: DCA Ethiopia salary scaleHardship Allowance: As per government policyDeadline for Application: April 10th, 2017
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link or hand deliver at the DCA office along the Ethio-China Friendship Avenue, WolloSefer, opposite Tebaber Berta building. Or P.O Box 28772 Code 1000
https://dca.emply.net/I-ecru itment/vacancyAd.aspx?publishingId=71ef68e9- 7745-4701-991 c-62546096d9f5
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please don’t mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application. NB: Please do not attached other credentials except short and precise CV and application letter. –
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
5 total views, 5 today