African Development Bank-Ethiopia Country Office
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
Vacancy Notice No ADB/16/113
Job Title: Secretary/Receptionist Ethiopia Country Office (ETFO)
Complex: Vice Presidency (VP): Regional Development, Integration And Business Delivery Complex (RDIBD)
Department Division: Directorate General Hub, East/ Ethiopia Country Office (ETFO)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Report Line: Resident Representative, ETFO
SAP N°: 50078496
Information On The Position: This Position Does Not Attract International Terms And Conditions Of Employment. (Incumbents Of The Position Will Be Considered As Local Staff And Will Not Have International Status).
CLOSING DATE: 7 DECEMBER 2016
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 — 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery’ responsible for operational relevancy, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities. The VP-RDIBD will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its RMCs and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
ETHIOPIA Country Office (ETFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
The Bank invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Secretary/Receptionist. This position is based in Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
When you apply please notify you found this job on AddisJobs.net
Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following
- Receive and greet visitors including maintaining visitors’ book and responding to routine requests for information from the public.
- Screen telephone calls by providing information and/or directing them to appropriate staff
- Receive and screen all correspondences and distribute them to Resident Representative Secretary.
- Provide secretarial assistance to include but not limited to typing, formatting, photocopying, printing, faxing, and filing (electronic and hard copy) documents to Country Programme Officer (CPO), sector specialists and visiting Missions as well as provide backup to Secretary to the Resident Representative.
- Manage all public spaces of the office ensuring general upkeep; inventory of equipment and supplies, and provision of hospitality services.
- Maintain copies of all selected articles from national papers and maintain a simple Database of all these articles.
- Make travel arrangements for CPO, sector specialists and visiting Bank missions.
- Act as Secretary for taking and distributing minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by Resident Representative, CPO and sector specialists.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Relations, or other related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in Secretarial studies/ Office Management;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience in secretarial/ office administration work preferably gained with an international organization;
- Good filling and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/ or French, with a good knowledge of the other language.
- Competency in the use of all the Bank’s standard MS Office softwares (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project). Knowledge of SAP S/R would be an advantage.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.: The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in anyway whatsoever
2 total views, 2 today